Accounts Receivable Specialist – Des Moines, Iowa
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist for an immediate opening in Des Moines, IA. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for accounts receivable, collections, and processing of daily deposits and credit card payments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Make collections calls
- Apply customer payments
- Process and post credit card payments and credits
- Make adjustments to accounts as needed
- Prepare weekly manual deposits
- Maintain customer tax exemption certificates
- Process EFT and cash receipts
- Verify that lien waivers match internal records and submit to CFO for notary
- Develop and maintain written procedures for routing processes
- Make bank runs and pick up mail
- Process credit inquiry requests
- Back up reception desk and positive pay as requested
- Process target billing
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma (or GED), 5 years of administrative experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with collections is preferred but not required.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, tact and consideration, focus on accuracy, solid communication and customer service skills, the ability to meet deadlines, self-motivation, and be organized.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.