CNC Operator/Shipping & Receiving Coordinator – Davenport, Iowa
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an experienced CNC Operator/Shipping & Receiving Coordinator for an immediate opening in Davenport, IA. The CNC Operator/Shipping & Receiving Coordinator will be responsible for mounting, installing, aligning, and securing tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines using hand tools and precision measuring instruments as well as receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, templates and fixtures
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences
- Transfer commands from servers to CNC modules
- Check to ensure that workpieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation
- Shipping and receiving
- Unloading trucks
- Checking in and distributing materials
- Matching purchase orders
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders and requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, and/or shipped
Qualified candidates will have strong communication and organization skills, be mathematically and technically competent, and have strong time management skills. Candidates should have experience driving a fork truck and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where duties and priorities are consistently shifting. Previous experience with CNC machines, electrical material or tools is preferred. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and steel/composite toed shoes are required. Qualified candidates should submit a summary of qualifications and a resume. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.