Electrical Engineer – Commercial Design – Davenport, IA
Tri-City Electric Company is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer for an immediate opening in Davenport, Iowa. Tri-City Electric often executes Design–Build contracts which rely on a single point of responsibility. These contracts minimize risk to the project owner and reduce delivery schedules by overlapping the design and construction phases of a project. This Engineer will assist with the electrical design component of Design-Build construction projects. The Engineer will work on a project team with Tri-City Electric Co. Estimators, Project Managers, and Construction Designers. The Engineer will also interface with outside architects and end-user/owners to facilitate the final design and construction. These contracts are typically commercial, health care, multi-family, and hospitality projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Electrical equipment specification.
- Power distribution system design and layout.
- Load calculations to size electrical services and equipment.
- Coordination with other trade contractors to develop electrical service and equipment requirements.
- Development of necessary documents for construction and service connection permits.
- Stamp and seal electrical design documents as required for construction permits.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer, preferably in Iowa or Illinois. Preference for candidates with NCEES record to facilitate rapid licensure in additional states.
- Five years of experience in electrical design of commercial, health care, and multi-family, and hospitality projects.
- Thorough knowledge of NEC as applied to commercial electrical design.
- Experience with AutoDesk AutoCAD and Revit for development of electrical construction plans.
- Experience with SKM Power Tools for Windows (PTW) or EasyPower Arc Flash Analysis Software for short-circuit, load flow, coordination, and arc flash hazard analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Additionally, the candidate must exhibit strong attention to detail and electrical safety, and must be able to represent the Tri-City Electric Co. with professionalism and integrity.
Tri-City Electric Co. will reimburse the candidate for all required professional fees and continuing education requirements required to maintain the candidate’s professional license. Tri-City Electric Co. will pay to register the candidate’s credentials with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) for application for reciprocity licenses in additional states and/or territories as needed.
Qualified candidates should submit a copy of their resume and a summary of their qualifications to email@example.com. Tri-City Electric Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.