Electrical Project Manager – Iowa City/Cedar Rapids Area
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an Electrical Project Manager for an immediate opening in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids, Iowa area. The Electrical Project Manager will be responsible for providing overall on site administrative and technical management on construction projects for our electrical divisions.
The Electrical Project Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Supervising total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule (includes interfacing with customer representatives, A-E representatives, other contractors, etc.);
- Planning, coordinating and supervising on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.);
- Supervising craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract;
- Providing technical assistance, e.g. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required;
- Initiating maintaining extra work estimating and issuance of change orders;
- Assuming responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project;
- Fostering and maintaining good morale and positive relationships field and/or office personnel;
- Participating as a team in calling and selling customers on potential project;
- Performing additional assignments per management’s direction.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, 5-10 years of electrical construction project management experience and/or Journeyman Wireman license plus equivalent experience. Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement and the ability to multitask with tact and consideration.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.