Fleet Manager – Davenport, IA
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Fleet Manager for an immediate opening in Davenport, IA. The Fleet Manager will manage the operation and maintenance of Tri-City Electric Co.’s motor vehicles and equipment while overseeing DOT compliance and reporting as it relates to the fleet.
Main functions include, but are not limited to:
- Researching equipment and motor vehicles to purchase and oversee transaction
- Scheduling company marketing wrap and lettering
- Locating trailers and motor vehicles we currently own and assign to field foreman and project managers accordingly
- Coordinating maintenance of tools, inventory, material and trailers prior to reassignment
- Verifying that all maintenance has been completed as required
- Assigning unit numbers, insurance, gas cards and PIN numbers
- Managing monthly reporting of fuel spend
- Managing weekly/monthly reporting of GPS System
- Retrieving license plate tags, apportioned plates and updating vehicle list
- Managing fleet department budget
- Scheduling installation of GPS units
- Developing and maintaining outside vendor and service provider relationships
- Providing input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
Qualified candidates will have the ability to multi-task, solve problems, and have strong attention to detail and solid Microsoft Office Suite proficiency. Candidates should have previous logistics experience, strong communication skills both written and verbal, exude tact and consideration, and have a strong customer focus. Candidates with experience in the construction industry is preferred but not required.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen. Qualified candidates should submit a summary of qualifications and a resume. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.