Industrial Electrical Estimator/Project Manager – Davenport, IA
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an Industrial Electrical Estimator/Project Manager for an immediate opening in Davenport, IA. The Electrical Estimator/Project Manager will be responsible for preparing detailed estimates for electrical projects and will be responsible for providing overall on-site administrative, business and technical management for our Industrial Electrical Construction Division.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- contract administration
- attending pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of projects
- reviewing proposed specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate; gathering quotes, printing drawings, counting, take-off estimating, and respond to RFIs and RFQs
- professionally interacting with customers, other trades, general contractors, and internal staff
- providing Construction Services with up to date CAD drawings; assisting with the assembly of shop drawings as per project requirements
- providing follow up regarding status of quoted items, subcontractors, and equipment purchase orders
- attending weekly job meetings (onsite and internally)
- supervising total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule (includes interfacing with customer representatives, A-E representatives, other contractors, etc.)
- planning, coordinating and supervising on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.)
- supervising craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract
- providing technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required
- initiating extra work estimating and issuance of change orders
- assuming responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- fostering and maintaining good morale and positive relationships with field, customers and/or office personnel
- participating as a team in calling and selling customers on potential project
- performing additional assignments per management’s direction
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, 5-10 years of industrial electrical experience and/or Journeyman Wireman license plus equivalent experience.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines and the ability to multitask with tact and consideration.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
All Job Opportunities