Jobsite Safety Specialist – DeKalb, IL
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an experienced Jobsite Safety Specialist for an immediate opening in DeKalb, IL. The Jobsite Safety Specialist’s primary function is to plan, implement, and supervise project safety, accident, and fire protection programs in compliance with corporate safety program standards.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and supervisory personnel
- assisting corporate programs by developing employee and craft safety orientation training programs and implementing upon completion
- conducting work area surveillance inspections, air sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations
- reviewing documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures and implementing corrective action as required
- must comply with all OSHA regulations
Qualified candidates will have a four year occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of training and related experience, and construction and/or industrial safety experience and a thorough understanding of and the ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and company regulations.
Candidates must have the ability recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualified candidates should submit a copy of their resume and a summary of their skills to Tri-City Electric Co.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.