Jobsite Safety Specialist Intern – Davenport, IA
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Jobsite Safety Specialist Intern for the summer in Davenport, IA. The Jobsite Safety Specialist Intern’s primary function is to plan and implement project safety programs in compliance with corporate safety program standards.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and supervisory personnel
- assisting corporate programs by developing employee and craft safety orientation training programs and implementing upon completion
- assisting with work area surveillance inspections, air sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations
- reviewing documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures and implementing corrective action as required
- must comply with all OSHA regulations
Qualified candidates will be attending a four year university with a major in occupational safety/health or equivalent training in the safety field and have the ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and company regulations under management’s direction.
Candidates must have the ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualified candidates should submit a copy of their resume and a summary of their skills to Tri-City Electric Co.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.