Project Controls Manager – DeKalb, IL
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an experienced Project Controls Manager for an immediate opening in DeKalb, IL. The Project Controls Manager is responsible for focusing on cost estimates, material and labor requirements, key performance indicators (KPIs) and productivity tracking.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Support cost control, projections, forecasting, change management, scheduling, reporting, contractual deadlines for project deliverables, and earned value management for projects as assigned
- Develop, implement, and update reports for the GC/Owner/company leadership
- Monitor and report on project health through key performance indicators
- Assist in development of the corporate Project Controls Plan
- Implements control processes for assigned projects
- Overall responsibility for the billing process at the project level
- Assists Project Management with pencil copy billing, including establishment of submission date, working with Project Management for percentage complete, interaction with accounting software, and following up with the GC/owner
- Reviewing contract requirements for billing, reporting, and forecasting to ensure compliance at the project level
- Ensure contractual and corporate compliance with requirements for billing, minority participation, certified payroll, AIA, COI, project documentation, and scheduling
- Completing other forms and reports as required
- Maintain Job Cost, Earned Value Status, Billing reports, and Completion Percentage reports
- Communicate with the Project Management team on a weekly basis regarding the ongoing status of the project and financial health
- Develop projections/forecasts with the Project Management team using current trends, look ahead schedules, budgets, KPI’s, and other project data while monitoring cash position
- Assist in schedule development, implementation, and execution throughout the project
- Work with the Project Management team to identify project risks by tracking critical path activities
- Integrate the project budget, WBS codes, material procurement, and other milestone deliverables into the project schedule for tracking
- Analyze and continuously monitor resource curves to assist the field team and Project Management team
- Assist in the implementation of change management processes per the contract
- Coordinates contract value changes and ensures proper back-up
- Capture all cost and schedule impacts due to impacts, constraints, and scope changes
- Ensure all budget adjustments are carried out to the cost code level and update the accounting team/software accordingly
- Assist in the development of project dashboards for real-time cost and schedule performance
- Create external reports for clients showing current status, trends, forecasts, earned value, and other contractual deliverables
- Ensure cost, WBS, and schedule structures are aligned to track the project earned value
- Assist the Project Management team with all project impacts, constraints, RFI’s, document updates, or any other items that could impact field productivity
Qualified candidates will have a four year degree in Construction Management or related field, ten years of construction experience specifically in Project Controls, Project Management or Project Scheduling and previous experience in the Mission Critical Industry.
Candidates must have strong communication and organization skills, technical capacity, strategic thinking and problem solving abilities and exhibit positive initiative and judgement. Qualified candidates should submit a copy of their resume and a summary of their skills to Tri-City Electric Co.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.