Project Manager – DeKalb, IL
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Project Manager for an immediate opening in DeKalb, IL. The Project Manager provides on-site administrative and technical management for a designated mission critical construction project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management for construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule (includes interfacing with customer representatives, A-E representatives, other contractors, etc.).
- Have complete knowledge of the contractual scope agreement between Tri-City Electric Co. and the construction manager.
- Planning, coordinating, and supervising on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Purchasing of all major material orders and subcontractors.
- Supervising craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Work with the project superintendent to develop and maintain the project schedule.
- Providing technical assistance, e.g. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Initiating and providing extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assuming responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Responsibility to prepare contractual documents for submitted to the customer.
- Responsible for managing of project financials, including monthly Billing, projections, tracking, vendor cost, material cost, and subcontractor cost.
- Fostering and maintaining good morale and positive relationships with customers, field and/or office personnel.
- Participating as a team in calling on and selling customers on potential project.
- Performing additional assignments per management’s direction.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management , Finance, or related field plus seven years of related project management experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with mission critical projects preferred.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, a focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines and the ability to multitask with tact and consideration.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.