Purchasing Specialist – Des Moines
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Purchasing Specialist for an immediate opening in Des Moines, IA. The Purchasing Specialist will purchase goods and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Purchases goods and services according to the company’s policies and procedures
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels
- Evaluates vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history
- Works with vendors to negotiate volume and cash transaction discounts, and other available discounts
- Ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have an Associate’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting plus five years of related purchasing experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous construction industry experience preferred but not required.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, a focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines and the ability to multitask with tact and consideration.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.