Solar Sales Consultant – Central Iowa Area
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Solar Sales Consultant for an immediate opening in the Central Iowa Area. The Solar Sales Consultant will be responsible for educating customers on the benefit of owning a Solar Electrical System in their home or business by demonstrating the potential layout, function and benefits of a solar electric system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively managing pipeline using Company CRM
- Updating all customer information, lead status, and communication with notes in CRM on a weekly basis
- Responding to leads or opportunities in a timely manner, ideally same day but no longer than 12 hours
- Attending Chamber functions and tradeshows
- Generating new leads
- Successfully negotiating contracts with customers
- Answering customer questions, addressing concerns and assisting the customer as needed with regards to financing
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and service are held in the highest regard
- Assisting the permitting and installation team throughout the installation process
- Responding in a timely manner to any operations request for assistance (including results of action and next steps required)
- Following up with team until problems are resolved
- Inspecting property and assessing existing conditions for property to make sure that project can be installed
- Attending all company meetings as directed by management
- Learning and staying current on solar products that our company installs, contracts, market trends, utility rates, solar legislation, time of use and fire codes
- Visiting customers project completion to ensure customer satisfaction, answer questions and go over the installed parts with customer
Qualified candidates will have experience in business development, be self-motivated, energetic, honest and reliable. Experience in the solar electrical industry is preferred but not required. Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, customer focus, solid communication skills, personal drive, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines and the ability to multitask with tact and consideration.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.