Industrial Power Systems Electrical Engineer – Davenport, Iowa
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with Industrial Power System project experience for an immediate opening in Davenport, Iowa. The Industrial Power Systems Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing, designing, and executing industrial projects from proposal through commissioning. The Industrial Power Systems Electrical Engineer will provide technical support to our Industrial and Power Testing Solutions divisions, and will report to the Vice President, Engineered Solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Electrical equipment specification
- Power distribution system design and layout
- Power system control/automation design
- Protective device settings and coordination
- Project management
- Installation supervision and commissioning
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least ten years of related experience in electrical design of industrial electrical power systems. Candidates should have experience with the following:
- Specification of low-voltage (<1000V) and medium-voltage (up to 35kV) switchgear and associated controls systems
- SKM Power Tools for Windows or EasyPower Software for short-circuit, load flow, coordination and arc flash hazard analysis
- Specification and programming of protective devices, including trip units and protective relays
- AutoDesk AutoCAD and/or Revit for development of electrical schematics and installation plans
Qualified candidates should also have a thorough knowledge of NEC as applied to industrial electrical design, strong communication skills both orally and in writing, business acumen, strong attention to detail and safety, and be able to represent the company with professionalism and integrity.
Preferred candidates will also have experience with switchgear automation and SCADA/DCS interfaces, and be a registered Professional Engineer (preferably in Iowa or Illinois) with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) for application for reciprocity licenses in additional states and/or territories as needed. Tri-City Electric Co. will reimburse the candidate for all required professional fees and continuing education requirements required to maintain the candidate’s professional license.
Qualified candidates should submit a copy summary of their qualifications and a resume. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.