Power Testing Solutions
Get expertise, teamwork and proven solutions.
Turnkey solutions you can count on
When problems arise with your electrical system, you need total confidence that your full-service electrical provider will get the job done right.
Whether it’s performing proactive root cause analysis services (RCA), acceptance/maintenance testing or disaster recovery, the Tri-City Electric Co. team is here for you. We have calibrated test equipment and the experience to ensure your power distribution system is running at maximum efficiency.
We provide 24-hour response and have developed turnkey solutions based on our network of resources.
Areas of expertise
Service on All OEM Equipment, Transformers
- Insulation & winding resistance testing
- Turns ratio testing
- Excitation testing
- Power factor testing
- Oil quality testing
- Failure analysis
- Custom installations
- Service to all OEM equipment in-shop or on-site.
- Low/medium/high voltage circuit breaker testing/reconditioning
- AC-PRO/solid state conversions
- SF6/GIS/vacuum circuit breakers
- Air & vacuum contactors/starters
- Protective relays
- Meter calibration
- New & reconditioned rental switchgear
- VLF DC/PD cable testing
- Custom installations
- PD/RFI surveys
- Infrared/ultrasonic scanning
- Power quality measurement & analysis
- Load measurement
- Harmonics testing
- Energized & de-energized
Power monitoring solutions
- System design & installation
- System administration
- Integration of existing metering
- Reporting and analysis
- OCB/SF6 retrofits
- Protective relay upgrades
- Generation ISO phase bus maintenance
- Life cycle
- Partial discharge testing
- LV, MV, HV Breaker Reconditioning
- Custom switchgear design & installation
- Arc Flash Mitigation
- Field engineering solutions
- Commissioning & acceptance testing
- Project coordination
- On-site services
- In-shop services-breakers
- Equipment life extension
- Reconditioning, upgrades & modernizations
- Troubleshooting & diagnostics
- Breaker exchange programs
- 24-hour emergency response
- All OEM Equipment in-shop or on-site
Planned Outage Services
- Preventative Maintenance Cleaning and Testing
- Planning and Project Management
- On-site repair of equipment failures
Medium Voltage Retrofits
- Turnkey Virtual Main Solution
- Reduce Arc Flash Rating
- Improve Safety
- Remote Operation
Our commitment to safety is uncompromising. It is a basic tenet of our operations and something that each employee must commit to before they can join our team.
Led by our in-house safety director and our team of safety professionals, our leadership team takes direct responsibility for employee safety and the quality of our safety programs. Foremen are accountable for the jobs and the people they supervise. Employees take responsibility for their own safety and the safety of their fellow workers.
Our safety initiatives include:
- Correcting potentially unsafe conditions and equipment before they produce injuries.
- Identifying unsafe or incorrect employee work habits and correcting them.
- Training and motivating all employees to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Pre-planning jobs to comply with safety standards.
As a result of these efforts, Tri-City Electric Co. has exceptionally low insurance modification rates over the last decade – a cost savings we proudly pass along to customers.