Power your world with renewable energy.
We know renewable energy
When it comes to renewable energy, electrical construction is one of the most important elements for a successful operation. That’s why an experienced team is critical. Tri-City Electric’s team of professional and electrical engineers have the experience and expertise needed to tackle renewable energy projects from start to finish. With an innovative approach to planning projects and a drive to tackle anything that occurs along the way, you can have confidence in Tri-City Electric to provide the quality you need and want.
We know renewable energy – and you can have confidence we’ll get the job done right.
Experience you can count on
Electrical construction is one of the most important elements for successful solar and wind power installations.
With an experienced team of professional and electrical engineers, you can be confident that Tri-City Electric Co. has the experience to successfully tackle your renewable energy projects from start to finish. This eliminates the need for you to work with numerous contractors and simplifies the process with a turnkey electrical solution.
Recent Wind Turbine projects
- East Central Illinois/Electrical installation
- Central Illinois/Engineering & design of wind turbines and electrical installation
- North Central Illinois/Electrical installation
- North Central Iowa/Electrical installation
Areas of expertise
Wind planning, design and installation
- Conceptual budgeting
- Construction management
- Electrical system design with electrical & professional engineering staff members
- Underground collection installation
- Medium & low voltage cable testing
- Underground collection & transmission line
- Vertical tower wiring
- Substation design & construction
- Interconnect purchase agreements
- Team of LEED® Accredited Professionals
Wind operations & maintenance
- Scheduled inspection & maintenance
- Electrical refurbishment
- Procurement of materials and other services
- Emergency maintenance, repair and project completion support
Solar planning, design and installation
- Commercial PV Systems
- Industrial PV Systems
- Utility Scale PV Systems
- On-Grid/Off Grid solutions
- Energy Audits
- PV System Design & Engineering
- Commissioning & Testing
- Leased Systems
Solar operations & maintenance
- Scheduled Inspection & Preventative Maintenance
- Aerial Thermal Inspections
- Emergency Maintenance and Repair
Wind & Solar project management
- Prime Contractor
Our commitment to safety is uncompromising. It is a basic tenet of our operations and something that each employee must commit to before they can join our team.
Led by our in-house safety director and our team of safety professionals, our leadership team takes direct responsibility for employee safety and the quality of our safety programs. Foremen are accountable for the jobs and the people they supervise. Employees take responsibility for their own safety and the safety of their fellow workers.
Our safety initiatives include:
- Correcting potentially unsafe conditions and equipment before they produce injuries.
- Identifying unsafe or incorrect employee work habits and correcting them.
- Training and motivating all employees to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Pre-planning jobs to comply with safety standards.
As a result of these efforts, Tri-City Electric Co. has exceptionally low insurance modification rates over the last decade – a cost savings we proudly pass along to customers.