Kraft Heinz built a new 382,157 s.f. facility, on 70 acres in the Eastern Iowa Industrial Center located in Davenport, IA. This is the first greenfield construction project to be completed by Kraft Heinz since undergoing the merger in 2015. Their new facility is going to produce hundreds of millions of pounds of deli meats per year, including the meats for Oscar Mayer’s Deli Fresh and Lunchable product lines. Prior to the completion of the project, Kraft Heinz increased the scope of work to include a process installation along with a building expansion.
The facility consists of the following:
Total area: 382,157 s.f.
- Food processing area: 305,346 s.f.
- Utility area: 34,342 s.f.
- Office area: 42,469 s.f.
- Floor construction consists of structural slabs
- Wall construction consists of insulated metal panels
- Structure is conventional steel
- Main switchgear installed above the ceiling and fed with large racks of buss duct in lieu of conduit and wire
Notable building installations include: