Assistant Project Manager – DeKalb, IL
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager for an immediate opening in DeKalb, IL. The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for providing overall support and assistance to the estimator, project managers, and field personnel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend Preconstruction/Kick Off Meetings
- Attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of projects
- Review proposed specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Assist estimators gathering quotes, printing drawings, counting, take-off estimating, and responding to RFIs and RFQs
- Document management, including RFIs, Constraints, Purchase Order Logs, and Change Orders
- Professionally interact with customers, other trades, general contractors, and internal staff
- Assist with project controls, including schedule and productivity
- Assist with the assembly of shop drawings as per project requirements
- Provide follow up to project manager regarding status of quoted items, subcontractors, and equipment purchase orders
- Prepare clean, full size and half size prints for Project Manager, Superintendents, General Foreman and Foreman
- Assist in project close out including submission of warranty information, as-built drawings, and operation and maintenance manuals
- Maintain good relationships with customers both internally and externally
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, 1-5 years of related experience and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience on a construction project is preferred but not required. Thorough understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project is also required.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, tact and consideration, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines, self-motivation, business acumen and be organized.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.