BIM Modeler – Des Moines, IA
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a BIM Modeler for an immediate opening in Des Moines, IA. The BIM Modeler will be responsible for the design and layout of new construction projects in the mission critical market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare 3D models of electrical building systems in Revit
- Prepare 3D Navisworks models used for BIM coordination
- Prepare 2D installation and prefabrication drawings, with all required dimensions, tagout, call outs, sections, etc.
- Run clash detection reports, resolve clashes, and participate in BIM coordination process
- Build Revit families, standard details and contribute to BIM standards
- Follow established standards for modeling and production of drawings
- Handle a number of projects simultaneously to ensure each project is staying on track
Qualified candidates will have 2-5 years of experience in 3D BIM Modeling using Revit. 2-5 years of experience with Autodesk Navisworks Software is preferred. Experience in Construction/MEP and/or Electrical Modeling is a plus. Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, be able to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and oral), have the ability to consistently meet deadlines and possess the willingness to learn new processes within a team environment.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.