IT Network Engineer – Davenport, IA
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an IT Network Engineer for an immediate opening in Davenport, IA. The IT Network Engineer will be responsible for maximizing business communications, information storage and security.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining computer networks including mainframes, VPNs, routers, and other physical hardware
- Installing and configuring network equipment
- Creating firewalls and updating virus protection software and data security systems to keep data and communications protected
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for all systems
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues to other employees and management
- Implementing disaster recovery procedures
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems
- Will collaborate with a variety of departments and IT staff within the organization to create and implement computer networks
- Comprehensive understanding of network services and networks such as TCP/IP, OSPF and EIGRP
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as LAN, firewalls, routers and printers
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues, and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently
- Ability to design, implement and troubleshoot Wi-Fi and security infrastructure
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation
- Ability to communicate technical information to other technical team members but also to coworkers in other departments who may not have knowledge of networking technical terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field
- Five or more years work experience as a Network Engineer or related position
- Any of the following certifications preferred but not required: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills involving interacting with different people within and to customers outside of the organization.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, tact, and consideration, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines, self-motivation, business acumen and be organized.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.