IT Security Engineer – Davenport, IA
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an IT Security Engineer for an immediate opening in Davenport, IA. The IT Security Engineer will be responsible for IT security infrastructure for our internal and external organizations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture
- Identify, define, and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures
- Plan, develop, implement, and update company’s information security strategy
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills involving interacting with different people within and to customers outside of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Five or more years work experience as a System Security Engineer or related position
- Extensive knowledge of operating system and database security
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Any of the following certifications preferred but not required: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), CompTIA Security+, and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, tact, and consideration, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines, self-motivation, business acumen and be organized.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.