VDC Electrician – DeKalb, IL
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a VDC Electrician for an immediate opening in DeKalb, IL. The VDC Electrician will be responsible working with the BIM Modeling Team for the design and layout of new construction projects in the mission critical market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare 2D layout drawings to be used for BIM modeling or for field installation
- Prepare field installation and prefabrication drawings
- Prepare panel pull sheets with circuitry and wire information
- Coordinate and interface with field staff including visiting project sites occasionally
- Review project drawings, specifications and submittals
- Provide QAQC reviews of installation drawings and BIM models to ensure compliance with contract documents and best construction practices
- Contribute to developing department BIM/Layout standards
- Attend project BIM coordination meetings and technical committee meetings
Qualified candidates will be an Electrician or Journeyman Wireman with at least 5 years’ experience with power distribution 120V/480V up to 15kV, including switchgear, panels, generators, UPS, raceways and transformers. Experience with fire alarm, telecommunication, security, EPMS and BMS is a plus. Candidates will have experience reviewing electrical design drawings, specifications and equipment submittals, experience preparing 2D layouts or installation drawings for the field. Previous experience in the mission critical market is desired but not required. Qualified candidates should have familiarity with NEC and other construction industry codes and standards and knowledge of modeling software such as REVIT, Navisworks and Bluebeam.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, be able to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and oral), have the ability to consistently meet deadlines and possess the willingness to learn new processes within a team environment.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.