Fire Protection Senior Designer/Design Manager
Tri-City Fire Protection is currently seeking a Fire Protection Senior Designer/Design Manager for an immediate opening. The Fire Protection Senior Designer/Design Manager will be responsible to produce design related documents to ensure the scope of the fire protection system is fully communicated to our installation personnel. This position will be based out of our Davenport, IA or Des Moines, IA office (per the candidate’s choice).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preform design work and direct the work of others as assigned
- Determine design criteria for various design/build and plan/spec projects
- Design and hydraulically calculate complete fire sprinkler and standpipe systems
- Produce stock listings
- Maintain a working knowledge of NFPA standards
- Retain a solid understanding of materials, tools, equipment, and procedures used in the installation and design processes
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent, a minimum of 3 years of design experience (with 5 years preferred) and experience with 3D BIM coordination. NICET certification is also preferred but not required.
Candidates must possess the ability to work on multiple projects at one time, strong communication, training, and planning skills, and have a strong sense of pride, integrity, and organizational ability.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. Tri-City Fire Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.