IT Technical Support Specialist – Davenport, IA
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking an IT Technical Support Specialist for an immediate opening in Davenport, IA. The IT Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all technical aspects are functioning optimally, maximizing system capabilities, and making recommendations and technical support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handling customer technical support cases through phone and email submission
- Updating the company website with tech tips and brief documents
- Evaluating system potential through assessing compatibility of new programs with existing programs
- Improving existing programs by evaluating objectives and specifications, reviewing proposed changes, and making recommendations
- Maintaining system functionality by testing computer components
- Achieving computer stem objectives through collecting relevant data, identifying, and evaluating options and suggesting a course of action
- Maintain client confidence by keeping their information confidential
- Preparing reference material for users by drafting operation instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Two more years work experience as a Technical Support Specialist or a combination of education and working experience
- Outstanding knowledge of software maintenance
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, tact, and consideration, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines, self-motivation, business acumen and be organized.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.