Project Engineer – DeKalb, IL
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Project Engineer for an immediate opening in DeKalb, IL. The Project Engineer will be responsible for providing overall on-site administrative and technical support on construction project sites.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete projects on time, within budget and meeting the quality demands of our clients
- Assist in research and documentation of the procurement of all major equipment packages
- Help with the tracking of progress and adherence of scope of all sub-contractors to be utilized
- Assist in the management (scheduling and receiving direction) of all owners furnished equipment
- Assist in the logistics of all major package delivery and storage
- Administratively support the tracking and logging of all information required within the Procurement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Commissioning activities under the direction of the Project Manager
- Support the Project Manager in all areas including, procurement, purchasing, subcontract and lease agreements, and equipment tracking
- Maintain Company presence during project meetings – Jobsite construction and coordination meetings
- Assist in tracking project schedule utilizing Primavera P6 software
- Assist in gathering documentation for field testing and owner acceptance
- Assist in close out documents
- Assist in tracking and scheduling final punch list items
- Assist in scheduling and documenting Owner training
- Work with PMA’s on submitting proper documentation for projects
- Assist in the shop drawing review process
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management
- 1 or more years of related experience in Construction Administration, Construction management and/or related education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 is a plus.
- OSHA 30 preferred, or the willingness to obtain upon hire.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, tact, and consideration, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines, self-motivation, business acumen and be organized.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.