Project Engineer – Des Moines, IA
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Project Engineer for an immediate opening in Des Moines, IA. The Project Engineer will be responsible for providing overall on-site administrative and technical support on construction project sites.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in research and documentation of the procurement of all major equipment packages
- Help with the tracking of progress and adherence of scope of all sub-contractors to be utilized
- Assist in the management (scheduling and receiving direction) of all owner furnished equipment
- Assist in the logistics of all major package delivery and storage
- Administratively support the tracking and logging of all information required within the Procurement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Commissioning activities under the direction of the Project Manager
- Support the Project Manager in all areas including, procurement, purchasing, subcontract and lease agreements, and equipment tracking
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, 1-5 years of related experience and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience on a construction project is preferred but not required.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, tact and consideration, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines, self-motivation, business acumen and be organized.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.