Solar PV Engineer/Estimator
Tri-City Electric Co. is currently seeking a Solar PV Engineer/Estimator for an immediate opening. The Solar PV Engineer/Estimator will be responsible for preparing detailed estimates for Solar PV projects. This position will be based out of our Davenport, Iowa or Des Moines, Iowa office (per the candidate’s choice).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Attending pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of projects
- Reviewing proposed specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate; gathering quotes, printing drawings, counting, take-off estimating, and respond to RFIs and RFQs
- Professionally interacting with customers, other trades, general contractors, and internal staff
- Providing Construction Services with up to date CAD drawings; assisting with the assembly of shop drawings as per project requirements
- Providing technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required
- Participating as a team in calling and selling customers on potential project
- Performing additional assignments per management’s direction
Qualified candidates will be a NABCEP Certified Installation Professional and have experience in Solar Electric Systems and management.
Candidates must possess strong attention to detail, focus on accuracy, solid communication skills, positive initiative and judgement, the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines and the ability to multitask with tact and consideration.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and reference check. Tri-City Electric Co. is an equal opportunity employer.